Flexible Flyer Swings Sets have been recalled following reports of injuries to children, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada (HC), just announced.
The large recall involves about 100,500 Flexible Flyer Swing Sets in the United States and another 4,900 in Canada.
The defective Flexible Flyer Swing Sets were manufactured in the United States by he Troxel Company, of Moscow, Tennessee and were sold by Walmart, Toys R Us, Academy, and other specialty stores and online retailers from December 2011 through May 2012. The recalled swing sets retailed for between $130 and $280.
The see saw seats can break away from the bolt fasteners during use, which poses a fall hazard. To date, the firm has received 1,232 reports of see saw seats breaking, which has resulted in 13 thirteen injuries to young children, including bumps, bruises, and lacerations.
The recalled, defective Flexible Flyer Swing Sets come in 11 different models, each with a see saw attachment, as well as swings, bars, or a slide. The model number can be found on a sticker beneath the center of the top bar of each swing set unit. The model numbers and names of the recalled Flexible Flyer Swing Sets follow:
- Big Adventure: Model Number 41575
- Fun Fantastic: Model Number 41577
- Fun Fantastic II: Model Number 41578
- Backyard Flyer: Model Number 42003
- Backyard Fun: Model Number 42013
- Backyard Swingin’ Fun: Model Number 42023
- Windsor Ii: Model Number 42030
- Fun Time: Model Number 42124
- Fantastic Playground: Model Number 42126
- Triple Fun: Model Number 42544
- Triple Fun I: Model Number I 42560
The firm advises consumers to stop using the recalled Flexible Flyer Swing Sets immediately and contact Troxel to receive a free repair kit. Troxel can be reached, toll-free at 1.888.770.7060, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Central Time (CT), Monday through Friday, or at the firm’s web site at http://www.regcen.com/flexibleflyer.