The popular Gummy Bears candies are being recalled for metal contamination. Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. just issued a recall for its Sunrise Assorted Flavor Gummy Bears that are sold in the self-serve bulk area of select store produce departments, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) just announced.
The recalled Gummy Bears were sold between November 14 and December 13 and the recall has been issued due to a remote possibility of metal contamination.
The Gummy Bears included involved were sold in five Winn-Dixie stores in Florida and Louisiana:
• St. Johns Commons: 2220 County Road 210 W, Jacksonville, Florida, 32259
• Concord Shopping Mall: 11241 S.W. 40th Street, Miami, Florida, 33165
• Pepper Tree Plaza: 5600 West Sample Road, Margate, Florida, 33073
• Main Street Square: 7800 S. Hwy 17-92, Fern Park, Florida, 32730
• 70431 Hwy 21, Covington, Louisiana, 70433
To date, there have not been any reports of illness associated with consumption of the recalled Gummy Bears.
“We encourage guests with any concerns to return the product for a full refund, no questions asked,” said Mary Kellmanson, Winn-Dixie’s group vice president of marketing. Winn-Dixie Guest Service Center can be reached, toll free, at 1.866.WINN-DIXIE (866.946.6349).