About 25,000 Hand-Held Massagers, sold at BJ’s Wholesale Clubs, are being recalled for burn hazard.
The defective Handheld Massage Pets were manufactured in China by Dongguan City Liwang Battery Co., Ltd. (battery) and Dongguan City Qingxi Shangpin Electrical Working Shop (massager) of China; were distributed and imported by Fourstar Group USA Inc., of Bedford Heights, Ohio; and were sold exclusively at BJ’s Wholesale Clubs, from September 2011 through December 2011 for about $8 each.
According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled Handheld Massage Pet massagers’ batteries can leak, posing a burn hazard or skin irritation to consumers. To date, the firm has received reports from five stores of the batteries in massagers leaking. No injuries have been reported.
This recall involves ladybug and bee-shaped “Massage Pet” handheld massagers. The ladybugs are red and black and the bees are yellow and black. The massagers measure 3 1/2 inches in height and 5 inches in width. The Massage Pets were sold with two Kendal brand AA batteries.
“Massage Pets” and “Dating code 1210A” are printed on the massager’s hangtag along with UPC 0 49696 60453 6 for the ladybug and UPC 0 49696 60454 3 for the bee.
The firm advises consumers to immediately stop using the recalled Pet Massagers and return them to any BJ’s Wholesale Club for a full refund. The firm is directly contacting consumers who purchased this product and advises consumers not to touch the batteries or open the battery compartment.
Fourstar Group can be reached, toll-free, at 1.866.290.6191 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Eastern Time (ET) Monday through Friday, or at the firm’s website at www.fsgrecall.com/massagepets.html.