Two Men Found Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Long Island, New York Auto Shop

Two Men Found Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Two Men Found Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Two men were found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a Holbrook, New York, auto-detailing shop Thursday night, Suffolk County police say.

Police found Porfiro Alvarez, 54, of Freeport, and his employee, Jose Rufino Gonzalez, 25, of Bellport, dead inside the shop Thursday evening, Newsday reports. Alvarez’s relatives went to the shop because they had not been able to reach him since Tuesday. They called police when they were not able to get into the locked building.

The relatives arrived at Super Auto Detail at about 6:15 p.m. Thursday, but the building was locked and they were unable to get in. When Fifth Precinct officers entered the shop, they found Alvarez lying next to his 1989 GMC van, which had apparently been left running. The van’s ignition was in the on position and the heat was set to high, police said. The van appeared to have run out of gas. Police officers found Gonzalez on a mattress in the back of the van, according to Newsday. Both men were pronounced dead at the scene. Police said Alvarez and Gonzalez occasionally slept at the business.

 

This entry was posted in Accident, Toxic Substances and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.


© 2005-2016 Parker Waichman LLP ®. All Rights Reserved.